www.worldlifestyle.com By Jacqueline Francis in Automotive   There are a lot of things you don’t know about Air Force One. While you may have thought this airplane was cool based on the Harrison Ford movie or by virtue of being the United...
www.tulsajuneteenth.org   By Fred L. Jones, Jr. fjones@theoklahomaeagle.net   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo0pLBqXPEg Juneteenth is finally back on Greenwood. We have included the weekends' full schedule of events and activities for you. Special thanks to the Tulsa Juneteenth committee for all of its work and efforts to prepare for this...
www.healthyplace.com By Harry Croft, MD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDlzVNH4Skc You know about the dangers of smoking, obesity, fatty foods, unprotected sex, and environmental pollutants. Now chalk up another health hazard to that ever-growing list: Racism. It plays a key role in the development of illness -- and...
The Oklahoma Eagle Newswire   Mayor G.T. Bynum and the Bridge Selection Committee unveiled the winner of the Arkansas River Pedestrian Bridge design challenge at a news conference today "The Gateway" is the conceptual design winner.   Submitted by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates...
www.allsoulschurch.org All Souls encourages our members and friends to participate in the Opening Ceremonies which will take place on the eve of the 1921 Race Massacre, 96 years ago.  Soulful Journey: Black History in America through Music will be included in the...
By Pastor Anthony L. Scott www.fbcnt.org   The intersection of experience and expectation will often lead to disappointment.  By this, I mean we anticipate by faith what future experiences are going to be, only to arrive at the moment itself, and reality...
By Eagle Newswire   Tulsa north’s own were among those honored for their volunteer efforts at the Arts Alliance “Tulsa’s Play Your Part Brunch” which is the organization’s annual fundraiser. The event was held on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the...
www.thoughtcatalog.com By Stephanie Hankemeier To say I miss playing basketball would be the biggest understatement of the year. Growing up on a basketball court changed my life in so many ways and absolutely contributed to the person that I am today. 1. Your...
The Oklahoma Eagle Newswire www.greenwoodleadershipacademy.org     There is a great new and innovative school set to open in North Tulsa this fall. The school, Greenwood Leadership Academy, is the result of a partnership between Tulsa Public Schools and the Met Cares Foundation....
By Margaret Hicks Eagle Staff Writer mhicks@theoklahomaeagle.net     Scores of family members and friends of Dr. Alene Young and the late Dr. Lorean Laws poured out, in the intermittent rain, for the unveiling of the street sign in their name, on Thursday May...