By B. L. Eikner, guest contributor   On Monday evening, March 2, 2020 the Greenwood District and North Tulsa communities were full of activities as Celebrity Supporters got in their last moments to interact with voters before the National Democratic Primaries...
The Oklahoma Eagle Newswire   News Media is invited to a press conference on Thursday, March 5, at 12 noon at the new location of Black Wall Street Gallery, 10 North Greenwood Avenue, Suite B, in advance of its grand reopening...
www.fbcnt.org By Pastor Anthony L. Scott   “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul;”- Psalm 23:1-3a, NASB   Psalm 23 is the most well known and perhaps...
By Eagle Newswire   Rep. Regina Goodwin authored HB 3515 seeking to require law enforcement agencies with body worn cameras to use the body cameras. After much opposition, Rep. Goodwin presented a bill to require officer body cameras to be on...
The Oklahoma Eagle Newswire   The Oklahoma Historical Society Black Heritage Committee is organizing a tour of civil rights sites in Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. The five-day trip will depart from the Oklahoma History Center on the morning of Sunday,...
www.history.com By SARAH PRUITT   The 15th Amendment granted black men the right to vote under the law, but exercising that right became another challenge.   In the immediate aftermath of the Civil War, the United States found itself in uncharted territory. With the Confederacy’s defeat,...
By Fred L. Jones, Jr. fjones@theoklahomaeagle.net     Rose Tax Solutions is a boutique tax firm dedicated to promote global economic justice. This is accomplished with their signature business development bootcamps, financial literacy books, and the Black Wall Street Exchange. The firm ensures...
www.muskogeephoenix.com ColemanDirectors of the Historic Greenwood Chamber of Commerce will play host Tuesday to a meet-and-greet with Muskogee's Ward IV Councilor Marlon Coleman. Chamber President and Chairperson Freeman Culver III said Coleman's "hard work" will be celebrated during the informal event,...
www.clarksvillenow.com By ClarksvilleNow.com   Millard House, director for Clarksville-Montgomery County School System, has been selected as the Director-At-Large for the Tennessee Organization of School Superintendents (TOSS). House will also serve as one of 12 Fellows to participate in the Coherence Lab Fellowship. TOSS leads...
www.kjrh.com By: Dane Hawkins     When separate but equal education wasn't realized in Tulsa during the 1950s, civil rights activists and teachers pushed to blend once segregated classes together. Tulsa Public Schools made that change during the Fall semester in 1955, and with the...