By Eagle Newswire
Tulsa Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. a public service sorority dedicated to the betterment of our communities has issued a Neighborhood Challenge of all participating neighborhoods with a response rate under 35%. The neighborhood with the highest increase in its response rate from May 31-June 12, 2020, will win a $500.00 prize to be used for the benefit of that neighborhood. The announcement will be made on Facebook on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
The sorority recognizes the importance of the Census because:
- It is in the Constitution.
- Everyone counts.
- Taking part is your civic duty.
- It is about redistricting.
- It is about fair representation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- It means $675 billon is spent to support state, county, and community’s vital programs – if you complete the census.
If you are part of a neighborhood association, where the response rate is below 40%, you may participate in the challenge, by contacting the sorority. Leave a message expressing your interest in participating in the challenge. Then contact your neighbors and encourage them to be counted, and to encourage others in their neighborhood to be counted.