Tulsa’s Gathering Place announced the start of its reopening plan Thursday that will begin May 25.
The park closed along with most public parks and businesses in Tulsa due to the coronavirus pandemic.
All major pathways, lawns and trails — as well as Skate Park and BMX Pump Track — will open as a part of Gathering Place’s first phase of reopening.
The Lodge, Boathouse, Adventure Playground and Sports Courts will remain temporarily closed as the park tries to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Gathering Place asks that all of its guests adhere to these guidelines as they begin to reopen:
- Exercising social distancing and remaining at least 6 feet apart from other Park guests
- Wearing a mask throughout the Park to help protect yourself and others
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds and using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Do not attend public events if you are feeling ill. If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, call Tulsa Public Health at 918-582-9355 or immediately go to your nearest urgent care. If it is a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.