The Oklahoma Eagle Newswire
BIG3 STUNS MILWAUKEE CROWD WITH FOUR POINT GAME WINNERS AND MORE
– Triplets and Joe Johnson Continue Hot Streak with Incredible Four-Point Game Winner –
– Greg Oden Scores BIG3 Career High 18 Points in Win Over 3’s Company –
– Trilogy New Addition Samardo Samuels has 17 points and 7 Rebounds as Trilogy Stay Third in League Standings –
Milwaukee, WI – August 4 th , 2019
• Triplets go to 6-1 thanks to a step-back four-point game winner from Joe Johnson.
• Aliens’ Greg Oden tied his BIG3 career high of 18 points as they upset 3’s Company.
• BIG3 continues next week in Miami at American Airlines Arena on CBS at 8PM EST.
• Milwaukee attendance was 12,912.
Three Headed Monster’s 48 (2-4) vs Triplets 51 (6-1)
In the second game of the day, former Bucks player Larry Sanders and Three-Headed Monsters almost upset Triplets in a must-win game. But, Joe Johnson answered when it was most needed with a four-point shot to win the game. In one of the most exciting games of the season, Three-Headed Monsters dominated early with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Rashard Lewis, Mario Chalmers and Larry Sanders couldn’t seem to miss a basket.
As the game went on, Triplets behind Alan Anderson, Jamario Moon, Al Jefferson and towards the end of the game, Joe Johnson, combined to outscore Three Headed Monsters 35-23 in the second half. The game ended on a step back four-pointer from Joe Johnson, as Triplets moved to 6-1 and top of the BIG3.
Joe Johnson 26 PTS, 5 REBS, 3 ASTS
Three Headed Monsters
Mario Chalmers 16 PTS
Aliens 50 (3-4) vs 3’s Company 35 (3-4)
Aliens played one of their most complete games with Greg Oden being an unstoppable force down low. A red-hot 3’s Company seemed to get frustrated and overwhelmed with Oden down low and Brandon Rush added to the offensive firepower for Aliens.
Andre Emmett was the only double-digit scorer for 3’s Company while Aliens had Greg Oden and Brandon Rush combining for 35 points in the much-needed win.
As it stands, both teams go into next week at 3-4, with a shot at the playoffs.
Greg Oden 18 PTS, 9 REBS
Brandon Rush 17 PTS, 7 REBS
Andre Emmett 19 PTS, 6 REBS
Ball Hogs (0-7) vs Trilogy 50 (4-3)
Ball Hogs new additions looked great early as they got out to an early 25-13 lead on Trilogy. New additions Xavier Silas and Mustapha Farrakhan combined for 18 of the team’s 38 total points. But, Trilogy and their new addition Samardo Samuels turned it on in the second half, outscoring Ball Hogs 38-18 to win the game and put them two games over .500 for the season.
In a tight, close playoff race, Trilogy inches one step closer to a playoff spot as David Hawkins continued his streak of 18-plus points to four games and new addition Samardo Samuels added 17 points and 7 rebounds. Kenyon Martin’s team looks like a well-oiled machine and will look ahead to another must-win against a new-look Ghost Ballers team.
David Hawkins 19 PTS, 4 REBS
Samardo Samuels 17 PTS, 7 REBS
DeShawn Stevenson 13 PTS, 4 REBS
BIG3 RETURNS TO CHI-TOWN AS FORMER CHICAGO PLAYERS SHOW OUT
– Will Bynum Scores League Record 33 Points in his Return to Chicago –
– Power’s Chicago Duo Corey Maggette and Quentin Richardson Combine for 28 Points in Win Over Enemies –
– Mike Taylor Scores 14 as Ghost Ballers Get Back To .500 –
Chicago, Illinois – August 3rd, 2019
• Will Bynum returns and sets a new league scoring record of 33 points as Bivouac goes to 4-3 on the season.
• Power continued their impressive hot streak beating Enemies as 42 of the teams’ 50 points were scored by players with Chicago ties (Corey Maggette, Quentin Richardson, Carlos Boozer, Julian Wright).
• BIG3 continues tomorrow in Milwaukee (4PM EST) on CBS Sports Network Sunday.
• Chicago attendance was 12,547.
• Celebrities at today’s game included Richard Dent, Twista, Demarcus Cousins, Don Brumfield and Ryan Henry from Black Ink Crew.
Killer 3’s 42 (4-3) vs Bivouac 51 (4-3)
Hometown hero Will Bynum scored a league-record 33 points as Killer 3’s had no way to stop him from scoring.
Led by Stephen Jackson, Killer 3’s didn’t have enough offense to combat the pairing of Josh Smith and Will Bynum. In a game that meant a lot to both teams’ playoff hopes, Killer 3’s eventually fell 51-42 as Bivouac jumped ahead of a lot of teams in the standings.
Stephen Jackson 22 PTS, 11 REBS
Will Bynum 33 PTS, 8 REBS, 3 ASTS
Power 50 (5-1) vs Enemies 41 (3-3)
Power’s heavy Chicago ties showed out as hometown players Corey Maggette, Quentin Richardson, Julian Wright and Carlos Boozer made up 42 of Power’s 50 points.
Enemies started off strong but couldn’t hold onto a lead as Power continued to create space off of their switches and rotations made by Nancy Lieberman and company.
Power goes to 5-1 on the season as Enemies take a backseat in the playoff race with two games to go before playoffs.
Corey Maggette 16 PTS, 6 REBS
Quentin Richardson 12 PTS, 4 REBS
Perry Jones 20 PTS, 9 REBS, 2 STLS
Tri-State 38 (2-4) vs Ghost Ballers 50 (3-3)
In a must win scenario for both teams, Ghost Ballers and Mike Taylor took advantage early and never let up. The game started with a Mike Bibby 4-point shot. But Tri-State, even with the return of Nate Robinson, weren’t able to stop the dynamic inside-and-out game that Ghost Ballers now have with Chris Johnson.
Ghost Ballers, who were once on the outside looking in, now look like a serious late-season threat to build momentum and possibly make the playoffs.
Mike Taylor 14 PTS, 2 REBS
Ricky Davis 13 PTS, 2 REBS
Robert Hite 11 PTS (one 4-point shot), 2 REBS